Shameless Plug

What's he talking about? Look below and see for yourself...

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Club Med is the best place to work...never!!!

Yep! Working for Club Med is definitely great...NOT!. I'm sorry, but I'm just too honest to be working in this cradle of bullshit. Let me explain.

For the most part the guests actually appreciate it when I speak to them frankly and tell them what's REALLY going on in regards to their requests. Some people complain that their rooms weren't what they asked for and they want to switch rooms. I tell them the truth. Right now we're in the midst of Spring Break and are at MAX capacity. Getting a reassignment is virtually impossible. They appreciate my honesty. I put their requests through anyway, just in case. No promises.

The same goes for any of their requests for housekeeping or maintenance. I tell them why it's taking so long for them to get extra sheets. We only have one girl in housekeeping at night covering the entire resort. She literally has to run all over the place to get things done. Again, they appreciate my honesty and the fact that I'm trying to solve their problems.

Even when I mess up, like I did yesterday, the guests appreciate my honesty. Case in point: the other night one of the guys from the restaurant brought me the usual load of stuff lost during dinner. Among these items was a digital camera. Usually, these things get written down in the Lost and Found book. I din't have the time or chance to do so. I was swamped with phone calls and checking in some guests. Not ten minutes later some guy comes in stating he left his camera in the restaurant and they told him it was at Reception. He described the camera as well. SO I gave it to him. What were the odds that it wasn't his? Turns out he wasn't the owner. The true owners came by in the morning really pissed that the camera was given to wrong person. I got called up at my room and had to come in to talk to them. Not a pleasing thought. I had gotten my ass chewed off by my manager by then. Even the Chef d' Village got involved. (that's French for Chief of Village i.e. Big Boss)

I showed up and gave them my apologies for the mess up. I explained everything to them. Amazingly, they understand and aren't angry with me. At least they're not yelling. I offer to walk around the village with them to see if I can spot the guy. I even stand in front of the restaurant for an hour checking to see if the guy walks in for lunch. Nothing. Just made me feel worse.

I get accused by some people (particularly from the Planning Manager) of not being professional. They don't approve of the way I deal with the guests like I've mentioned above. The Planning Manager prefers to give the guests snowjobs. She keeps claiming that I'm not professional. Yet SHE'S the one who books two families into the same room at the same time. Big bruhaha there. She also booked a family into two separate rooms. Each one on different floors. Not a usually bad thing as long as they're adults in both rooms. But no. The parents got the top room, their 6 year old daugther got the room downstairs. HELLO?! Brain-dead much? Now who's professional?

Or how about when she hides from the complaining guests afterwards and waits for them to leave the front desk so she can make a mad dash back into her office? Or when she calls me on the phone pretending to be housekeeping so that the guests can't figure out it's her I'm talking to? Professional? Not unless they changed the definition.

Guests spend most of their time complaining about her, my manager, and even some of my co-workers (don't get me started on them). Some might even complain about me, I'll admit. But a lot of them tell me to my face that they appreciate my help and honesty.

Now things have gotten hotter since they announced that all the Canadians who were going back home on April 30th will have to stay until September due to Visa restrictions. If any of them were to quit, they would never be able to get a work Visa ever again, thereby never getting to come back in the USA again. Needless to say there is some MAJOR upset going on. Just about every Canadian is shocked and upset about this statement. This is tantamount to forced labor. Work here and you're guaranteed more humiliation and abuse. Quit and you'll never work in the States again. WOW! What a choice!

Yep working here is great. Good thing the Chef d' Village is leaving this month to be replaced by what some claim to be a better one. At this point I think even a bag of cow dung would be better than he is. He's not very professional either. But that's another story.

As for me, I'll continue doing things as I always have. Honest and straightforward. I'm still looking for a way off this hellhole. Hopefully I'll find one soon.

More later.

No comments:

free counters